Volunteer or Donate
MRL Welcomes Your Interest In Our Library!
Join In Our Good Works for MRL!
The Friends of Morrisson-Reeves Library is a fundraising and volunteer organization for the Library.
Friends of Morrisson-Reeves Library are a nonprofit association of people interested in promoting knowledge and interest in the functions, resources, services and needs of our library. Friends provide time, talents, and funds for services and programs that enrich, educate and entertain the community.
Mission: The Friends of Morrisson-Reeves Library’s mission is to encourage lifelong learning and inspiring our community to learn and grow through regular use of the library and its valuable resources.
The Friends of MRL generously fund all of the programs offered to library users. They support the Summer Reading Program, book discussions, free computer classes, musical programs, movies, Storytimes and much more.
Membership is open to individuals, businesses, or groups who wish to join in support of Morrisson-Reeves Library. Membership is confirmed upon receipt of dues. Membership dues are tax deductible.
Donations for the Library Book Sales
We Accept Donations Year-round
The following items are accepted for donation:
- Encyclopedias – only complete sets that are dated from 2009 to current date.
- Magazines – not older than two years of current date excluding National Geographic
- Travel guides – not older than three years of current date.
- Puzzles, games, and computer games.
- Categories including: fiction, non-fiction, history, cookbooks, reference, art, how-to, large print books, sports, parenting, classics, text books, trade paper books, religion, philosophy, VCR tapes, audio CDs, DVDs, record albums, children’s books, coffee table books, biography, short stories, humor, poetry, science, foreign languages.
The following items ARE NOT accepted for donation:
- Books that have been stored in damp areas (i.e., garages, basements, outdoors) or books that display mold, or are water-damaged.
- Medical books including psychology books older than three years of current date
- Paperback books that are torn, tattered, yellowed, have covers missing, pages falling out
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- National Geographic Magazine
- Sets of books that are out-dated (i.e., science, computers, inventions, etc.) Publishing date must be within three years of current year
- Textbooks older than three years