Borrowing Materials With Your Library Card
Holds and Requests for Materials
Place Holds For Items from Morrisson-Reeves Library’s Collection
If an item you want has been checked out, you may place a HOLD on it.
You will be notified by phone or email when it is available for you.
- Limit of 20 Requests Per Borrower.
- If other Holds exist on the item, the loan period may be reduced.
- You must pick up your Hold within 4 business days of receiving notice.
*Please notify the library if you no longer need a specific item on Hold.
Suggest a Title for the MRL Collection
Inter-Library Loan – Borrow from another library
Borrowers in good standing may use this service to obtain materials not owned by the Morrisson Reeves Library. College students not eligible for a MRL library card, reciprocal borrowers and PLAC card holders are not eligible.
We accept requests for: books, CD’s, audio books, articles, and DVDs. Audio visual materials are in state requests only.
We do not accept requests for: CD-ROMs, materials newly published, textbooks or reference materials. Most libraries will not loan new materials or local history/genealogy material.
- It usually takes 1 to 2 weeks to obtain materials through inter-library loan. The inter-library loan specialist will contact you by phone or email, to let you know the material is ready for pick-up. The length of the loan period varies as it is set by the lending library. Please pick-up materials in a timely manner. Renewals are not always possible. Renewal requests must be placed at least 3 business days in advance of the material’s due date, by phone or in person.
- We are not permitted to request any item on inter-library loan that is owned by our Library system, even if it is checked out. However, missing materials or materials that have been overdue for more than two months may be requested.
- There is a limit of 5 inter-library loan requests per patron at any one time.
- Overdue fees for an inter-library loan item are $0.50 per item per day.
- For more information on inter-library-loan services, contact:
Morrisson Reeves Public Library
80 N. 6th St
Richmond, IN 47374
(765) 966-8291, ext. 123
Keep Connected to MRL
Our mission is connecting people to information, inspiration, and infinite opportunities.
MRL offers our community a wide variety of materials, services, local history and programming for all ages. We offer nearly 100,000 items to check out and an endless supply of downloadable materials. Our staff offers exemplary service offering you assistance in finding just what you’re looking for.